Terms & Conditions
Vigilance Policy & Procedures
- This is how sustainable your Spreadshirt order is
- Finding the Right Size
- Exchanges and Returns
- Sales Tax on Orders
- Payment Methods
Credit card: Your credit card will automatically be charged by our financial service provider. Your order will begin processing after all necessary verifications have been completed.
This is how sustainable your Vigilance order is
Of course, Vigilance stands for creative designs, but also for sustainable products. In the following article, you will find out why conscious shopping at Vigilance is fun as well.
Fair and sustainable Print-on-Demand
All items at Vigilance are produced by way of print-on-demand. This means that we will only start producing your order once you’ve completed the purchase. Compared to conventional off-the-shelf products, you don’t only get a highly customized product, but also a particularly sustainable one. Please note:
- we don’t ever produce on stock, and in doing so avoid producing shelf ware we won’t be able to sell (and that would need to be discarded).
- we use the best digital direct printers on the market, featuring completely non-toxic and 100% biodegradable inks for waterless printing.
- we produce completely paperless, saving over 8 million sheets of paper per year, equivalent to about 767 trees.
- we give you the exact measurements and size recommendations for all our products, so that your new favorite item really fits and won’t need to be returned.
And it doesn’t stop there!
We are always and constantly working on making our production and our everyday work more sustainable. This includes covering part of the electricity requirements in our production facilities and in our Leipzig headquarters with solar power, regularly supplying our employees with fresh organic fruit and vegetables, or recycling and donating returned goods. All corporate decisions are monitored by a sustainability council and reviewed for the impact on our eco-balance.
Packaging shipments are now on the sustainability test bench. Currently we ship your order – depending on the quantity – either with paper or plastic shipping bags or in cardboard boxes. In Europe, this packaging mix already consists of 69 percent fully biodegradable or recyclable materials, and 89 percent in North America. We will reduce the amount of plastic shipping bags and replace them with a holistic solution that will lower carbon footprint even more.
An obvious solution would be to switch completely to paper and cardboard. However, a look at the complete life-cycle assessment makes such a switch seem counterproductive. Because paper and cardboard have – besides undeniable advantages – a decisive disadvantage. They are heavier and have a larger volume. This can add up to a larger environmental footprint than plastic. Unfortunately, it isn’t quite as straightforward as we’d want it to be. But we will find a solution – one that’s good for you and our planet.
·Finding the Right Size
You’ve found the perfect design and now you’re wondering what size to pick. Our product pages offer quick and relevant information. The following explanations will make it a lot easier to choose the proper size(s):
How does the size fit?
Size specifications of the individual manufacturers may vary. That’s why we always indicate whether a product runs smaller, larger or true to size. We collect information from our customers on how a product fits so that you can use this feedback to find the perfect fit.
This size chart helps you to easily find the right size for yourself. Here’s a tip: spread out your favorite piece of clothing on the floor. Then use measuring tape to determine height (A), width (B) and length (C). Compare these measurements with our size chart to identify your size.
You can find additional information about the fit or the cut – i.e. whether the garment is more form-fitting or loose – in the individual product descriptions on our website.
·Exchanges and Returns
Fair Return Policy
Every item you order at Vigilance is printed for you on-demand by hand. That’s what distinguishes us from other e-commerce retailers. Returns aren’t put back on our warehouse shelves, as we can’t resell them. But we want to make sure you’re 100% satisfied with your order. This is why you can rely on our fair return policy.
30-day Return Guarantee
Simply return your product within 30 days of your receipt date. If it doesn’t fit or you don’t like it, just send it back. As customer or client, we can offer you the following return options:
Refunding the purchase price is possible as long as you didn’t customize the product yourself.
Vigilance does not know when the customer or client is dissatisfied. The customer or client must inform Vigilance if they are dissatisfied with the product and do this as quick as possible so that you will not lose your return guarantee. You can do this by mail towards: firstname.lastname@example.org or With phone number: +316 55 11 7191 You only have 30 days to return the package to the supplier of Vigilance. Vigilance must set the order to return for the customer or client when the customer has informed Vigilance about a return to the supplier and then the order will be processed within 7 days. If the product is worth more than €40, the customer has to pay the shipping costs themselves. Less than €40,- and the supplier of Vigilance pays the shipping costs themselves. Vigilance will need to fill in a form for packages less than €40,- and will be taken care of by the supplier. Vigilance must immediately call the supplier to inquire how best to solve this return to prevent parcels going back and forth. This must be done immediately to expedite the process and is Vigilance’s responsibility. The customer or client will receive feedback after you have contacted us by email or by telephone. When Vigilance has been in contact with the supplier on how to best solve this and what the customer should do with the product you want to return. The warranty is valid for 30 days and the feedback towards the customer or client must be picked up quickly by Vigilance within the next 24 hours on workdays from Monday till Friday. We recommend that you call us, that goes a bit faster, so you are more directly informed what you have to do with the package. When everything has been processed and the package has been returned to the supplier without any confusion or problems, Vigilance will be notified with a confirmation and the customer will get a returned new product or the price will be refunded.When the customer returns the product towards the supplier of Vigilance it will be used for charity or recycling.
·Sales Tax on Orders
Changes in state tax regulations and sales tax status of Spreadshirt Inc. will result in an increase in total price for products delivered to certain states. Orders will be charged sales tax based on the shipping destination of the order and the respective state’s sales tax. During the checkout, once the shipping address is entered and you proceed to payment, you will see the Sales Tax adjusted according to the shipping destination.
Customs and Duties Worldwide
Unfortunately, customs and countries outside of the USA sometimes place steep taxes and/or duties on packages arriving in countries outside the USA. As we cannot control these additional charges, there is no way to reduce them. If you’re located outside the United States, be sure to check your local version of Spreadshirt to avoid customs, for example spreadshirt.de for Germany or spreadshirt.co.uk for the UK.
This information is also relevant when items are being shipped to Australia. 10% will automatically be applied to orders delivered within the country. These taxes will be applicable to any orders under 1,000 AUD. If orders exceed 1,000 AUD, they’ll be taxed directly by customs (as opposed to Spreadshirt). Due to our simplified GST registration, tax invoices are not required to be issued.
Shipping Times and Costs
The maximum amount of days depends on what delivery option you choose, international standard has a maximum of 30 business days. And international express a maximum of 10 business days.
Shipping type: International Standard
|Value of goods||Shipping costs|
|$0.01 and above||$7.50|
|$49.99 and above||$14.99|
|$99.99 and above||$44.99|
|$299.99 and above||$74.99|
|$499.99 and above||$174.99|
Shipping type: International Express
|Value of goods||Shipping costs|
|$0.01 and above||$44.99|
|$49.99 and above||$89.99|
|$99.99 and above||$269.99|
|$299.99 and above||$449.99|
|$499.99 and above||$1329.99|
Customs and fees
Orders being shipped outside of the United States are subject to customs or duty fees. The fees are governmental in nature and not charged by Spreadshirt. We state 1) in checkout, next to the international shipping options, and 2) in the confirmation email that these fees may apply. Selecting the gift wrap option at checkout will not prevent these fees from being charged. For any issues regarding customs or duty fees, please contact your local customs office. These fees cannot be refunded, as they are not charged by us.
Please note: International shipping times are not guaranteed. Customs clearance can significantly delay the delivery of international orders. Such delays are not reflected in our estimated shipping times and are beyond our control. To ensure the most efficient handling of your international order, please make sure to include a local telephone number and email where you can be reached. Please check with your local customs authorities in advance to determine your country’s specific import requirements.
Shipping Carrier Claims
Tracking information is available for the Express, International Express and International Premium shipping methods. If your tracking information shows that your order was delivered but you did not receive it, please contact our Service Team of Spreadshirt to track your package and ask Vigilance the ordernumber. The Spreadshirt Service Team will ask you to check the following things:
- Check that the address you provided to us was correct and complete.
- Check with family members to see if anyone else received your package. We’ll also ask you to check your front door, any other doors and surrounding areas (if business, check with co-workers).
When contacting The Spreadshirt service Team, please provide them with your order number and a phone number where we can reach you. You can contact Vigilance for the ordernumber by calling +316 55 11 7191 or by sending a email towards email@example.com. Vigilance will ask your name of your customers account on the website to track your specific spreadshirt order number. Vigilance will provide you the detailed order number by email or phone call and Spreadshirt can track your package by email or phone call. The email or the phone number of the Spreadshirt Service Desk is: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 20 3966 1818 (mo-fr 8am – 5pm).
The Shipping Carrier Claims process can take up to 8 business days. The Shipping Carrier will perform an investigation to confirm that you have not received your package. They will also ask you to sign a legal document stating that you did not receive the goods in question. Once the investigation is complete, the Shipping Carrier will inform us of the results.
If the claim is approved, we can either produce and ship your order again or offer you a refund. Please note that when we re-ship a package, a signature is required on receipt of the second shipment. If the claim is denied, the reason for this would be because an individual at the shipping address confirmed delivery from the driver.
Express to US destinations
We offer an Express Shipping option for delivery to the 48 contiguous states. Your order will enter production the business day following your order and will take 1 business day to be produced and shipped out. Once the Express Shipping order leaves our facility, it will be delivered on the following business day.
Express to International destinations
We offer International Express shipping for most of our International destinations. Orders will enter production the business day following your order and take 1-2 business days to be produced and shipped out. Delivery is typically within 1-3 business days once the order has been shipped. Please note, customs and duties may be due upon arrival.
Possible reasons for a delayed delivery:
- The delivery address is in a location that’s hard to reach (e.g. mountains, islands or remote areas). If this should be the case, delivery may take up to 5 days.
- It will take an extra day if there is a public holiday in any of the countries that handle delivery.
- Customs and duties are due for the order and must be paid prior to delivery.
- You have placed a large order. Please refer to the calculated delivery time in the checkout section for information on the estimated time of delivery.
Costs for express delivery
Costs for express deliveries vary depending on the country of delivery. Get more detailed information in our article on delivery times and costs by selecting the delivery country in the menu. If you don’t find any indication of express deliveries to the country in question, please get in touch with Vigilance to get your spreadshirt ordernumber and ask the Spreadshirt Service Team about your sended package. We’ll be glad to find a tailor-made solution for you.
Your express delivery – any questions?
Should our express delivery prove unsuccessful, please contact our Service Team. Please have your order number ready that can only be provided by email or phone call with Vigilance. Help Spreadshirt get in touch with you by giving them your telephone number so they can easily reach you during their business hours.
Customer Service Supplier
Personal assistance of our supplier
Our Service Team will be happy to answer any questions relating to Spreadshirt, our supplier.
Customer Service Vigilance
Personal assistance of Vigilance
If you want to know your ordernummer of the supplier or return your product within 30 days please contact Vigilance.
+316 5511 71 91
General Terms and Conditions of Sales and Delivery
of sprd.net AG for Customers
§ 1 General Information
Your contractual partner for all orders within the scope of this online offer is sprd.net AG, Gießerstraße 27, 04229 Leipzig, Germany (listed in the Commercial Register at the Local Court of Leipzig under number HRB 22478), hereafter referred to as “Spreadshirt“.
All deliveries from Spreadshirt to the customer are carried out based on the general terms and conditions given below. These underlie all offers and agreements between Spreadshirt and the customer and are accepted for the duration of the whole business relationship. Opposing or deviating conditions of the buyer are only binding if Spreadshirt has agreed to them in writing.
§ 2 Responsibility for Online Offer
(1) Two shop types are available on Spreadshirt´s platform. First, there are shops which are designed and operated by Spreadshirt itself (“Spreadshirt shops“), and second, there are shops which are designed and operated by independent shop owners (“partner shops”). Information on the respective owner of a shop can be viewed via the link “legal information“ in the respective shop.
(2) Spreadshirt is responsible for the articles and motifs offered in a “Spreadshirt shop” as well as the overall design of the shop.
(3) The Shop Operator has sole responsibility for the items and motifs offered in a “Partner Shop”, for the design of the shop and for advertising the items offered. Spreadshirt expressly does not adopt as its own those matters which are the responsibility of the Shop Operator unless they are in accord with the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions and/or the provisions of the General Terms and Conditions relating to Shop Operators. In particular, this applies to breaches on the part of Shop Operators of the obligation to apply Spreadshirt’s General Terms and Conditions in their shops vis-à-vis the end Customer.
§ 3 Conclusion of the Contract
(1) The “offers” contained on the website represent a non-binding invitation for the customer to place an order with Spreadshirt.
(2) By filling in and sending off the order form on the Internet, the Customer makes a binding offer for the conclusion of a contract of purchase and/or a contract for work and materials. Before finally sending off the order form, the customer has the opportunity to check that his/her details are right and if necessary to correct them on a summary page. The following languages are currently available for the ordering process: German, English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Polish, Finnish.
Then Spreadshirt sends an order confirmation via e-mail to the customer and examines the offer regarding its legal and effective feasibility, in particular any possible infringement upon trademark rights of third parties. The order confirmation does not represent an acceptance of the offer but shall only acknowledge to the customer that their order was received by Spreadshirt.
The contract only materialises when Spreadshirt dispatches the product ordered to the Customer and confirms the dispatch to the customer with a second e-mail (“Delivery Confirmation”). The details of the order can also be viewed online in the user profile under “Orders” on www.spreadshirt.net.
(3) In connection with §2 (3) Spreadshirt as platform provider cannot pre-examine all print designs created by customers or shop owners for possible breaches. Spreadshirt reserves the right to reject received orders within the legal period of acceptance if, during the ordering process, it becomes known or it is suspected that third-party rights or statutory regulations will be violated by a print design.
(4) The conclusion of the contract shall depend on punctual and correct supply of the goods to Spreadshirt. This proviso shall not apply in the event of short-term disruption to deliveries or if Spreadshirt can be held responsible for non-delivery, in particular if Spreadshirt fails to make a congruent hedging transaction in good time. The Customer will be informed immediately that the service is not available. If Customer has already paid for the goods, this money will be reimbursed.
§ 4 Delivery / Shipment
(1) In principle, delivery is made within three weeks from the date when the Customer receives confirmation of his/her order. Delivery dates and times are only binding if they are expressly confirmed as such by Spreadshirt in writing.
(2) Delivery is available to Germany and many other countries: More information can be found at www.help.spreadshirt.com/hc/en-gb.
(3) Delivery shall be conducted by a shipment service provider chosen by Spreadshirt. The customer has to pay standard delivery costs which may depend on order value, and where it is shipped to.
(4) If in exceptional circumstances delivery is not possible within the period of three weeks after conclusion of the contract mentioned in (1), Spreadshirt shall promptly inform the customer about it in writing, at the latest with the expiration of this time limit (§ 126b of the German Civil Code). The customer is then entitled to a right of withdrawal, which they, in turn, shall exercise immediately in writing (§ 126b of the German Civil Code).
§ 5 Prices
(1) For customers from EU countries, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Norway, Liechtenstein, Monaco and the Isle of Man, the indicated prices are final. They include the statutory taxes incurred, in particular value added tax (VAT). The delivery address is decisive.
(2) For buyers outside the EU (except for buyers from Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Norway, Liechtenstein, Monaco and the Isle of Man) and for buyers from territories in EU states with special VAT treatment (see article 6 Directive 2006/112/EC), all prices quoted are net prices. The delivery address is decisive. If VAT is due in accordance with the statutory provisions in the recipient country, the customer must also pay this upon receipt of the goods. In addition, import duties, customs clearance costs as well as other costs and levies may be incurred, which the customer must pay additionally upon receipt of the goods.
(3) Shipping costs are to be borne by the customer, which may depend on the order value and the place to which delivery is to be made.
§ 6 Payment
(1) The customer chooses the method of payment, which may be direct debit (SEPA direct debit mandate), credit card, advance payment, PayPal or direct transfer. Spreadshirt reserves the right of restricting the number of payment methods that a customer can choose from on the basis of factual criteria, as for example the order value. In case of direct debit payment (SEPA direct debit mandate), Spreadshirt will submit a pre-notification along with the order confirmation to the customer once the order has been completed (refer to § 3 par. 2). Settlement of accounts are effected by means of direct debit entries with the bank in charge of the customer’s account in Germany, Austria and Spain 1 day on submitting a pre-notification at the earliest, and in other countries 5 days on submitting a pre-notification at the earliest.
(2) In case of the method of payment chosen by the customer not being practicable, where Spreadshirt has met its contractual obligations, in particular if it is the case that a direct debit from the customer´s account is not possible due to a lack of funds or provision of wrong information, then the customer shall reimburse any additional costs incurred by Spreadshirt or a third party which carried out the transaction.
(3) Spreadshirt is entitled to make use of the services of trustworthy third parties for the handling of the payment:
a) If it comes to a default of payment of the customer, Spreadshirt is allowed to assign its claims to a debt collection agency and transfer the personal data required for the handling of payments to these third parties.
b) In the case of intervention of third parties in the handling of payments, then payment in relation to Spreadshirt only counts as made if the amount has been provided contractually to the third party, so that the third party can dispose of it as it sees fit.
(4) The customer agrees to electronic invoicing only. Invoices will be made available in PDF format and sent to the customer via email.
§ 7 Conditional Sale
(1) Up to the payment of any monies owed to Spreadshirt the goods remain the property of Spreadshirt. If the customer is a merchant according to the German Commercial Code (HGB), Spreadshirt remains owner of all delivery items up to the receipt of all payment due resulting from the business relationship.
(2) The customer is obliged to handle the product with care up to the transfer of ownership.
§ 8 Guarantee
(1) Information, drawings, figures, technical data, specifications of weight, measurements and services, which are contained in brochures, catalogues, newsletters, ads or price lists only are of an informational nature. No responsibility is accepted by Spreadshirt for the correctness of this information. Regarding type and scope of delivery only the information shall be decisive which is contained in the order confirmation.
(2) As far as there is a defect in the goods which falls under warranty, the customer shall be entitled in the context of statutory regulations to demand supplementary performance, withdraw from the contract or a reduction in purchase price.
(3) In the case of return shipments due to defects Spreadshirt will also pay for the cost of postage.
(4) Data communication via the internet, considering the current state of the technology, cannot be guaranteed as being flawless and/or available at any time. Thus, Spreadshirt shall not be liable for the continuous and uninterrupted availability of the online offer.
(5) The claims of the customer from warranty need as a prerequisite that they, as far as the customer is a merchant, have met their due obligations of examination and censure according to § 377 of the German Commercial Code (HGB).
(6) The term of limitation for claims under warranty for the goods provided is two years starting from the receipt of such goods. If the customer is in business then the term of limitation is one year.
§ 9 Limitation of Liability
(1) Apart from that, liability on the part of Spreadshirt follows statutory provisions, insofar as nothing else is determined in these general terms and conditions. Spreadshirt only bears unlimited responsibility for damages, no matter what the legal ground, in the case of deliberate action and gross negligence. In addition, Spreadshirt also bears unlimited responsibility for damages in cases of mild negligence resulting in loss of life, bodily harm or damage to health. In the case of mild negligence and breach of an essential contractual obligation (cardinal obligation) Spreadshirt´s liability is limited to the payment of the foreseeable, typically occurring damage. Liability of Spreadshirt according to the German Product Liability Act remains unaffected by the abovementioned provisions.
(2) As far as liability of Spreadshirt is excluded or limited in these general terms and conditions then the same applies for personal liability for damages on the part of employees, representatives and agents of Spreadshirt.
§ 10 Information about the right of withdrawal for consumer
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (sprd.net AG, Gießerstr. 27, 04229 Leipzig, Deutschland, Telefon +49 (0) 341 59 400 5900, Fax +49 (0) 341 59 400 5499, email@example.com) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory. To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest. You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. The cost is estimated at a maximum of approximately 4 GBP. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Model withdrawal form
(complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
- To sprd.net AG, Gießerstr. 27, 04229 Leipzig, Deutschland, Fax +49 (0) 341 59 400 5499, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*)/for the provision of the following service (*),
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*),
- Name of consumer(s),
- Address of consumer(s),
- Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
(*) Delete as appropriate.
Exceptions to the right to cancel
Revocation of this contract is not possible with regard to the delivery of goods that have not been pre-fabricated, and which have been either selected individually or that have been explicitly personalised by the customer to meet his personal preferences.
§ 11 Copyrights to Print Designs, Release from Liability
(1) If the Customer provides his/her own motif or otherwise influences the product (personalisation of text), the Customer assures Spreadshirt that the text and motif are not subject to any rights held by third parties. In such case the cost of any breaches of copyright, personal rights or rights to the use of a name will be borne solely by the Customer. The Customer also assures Spreadshirt that by personalising the product he is also not breaching any other rights held by third parties.
(2) The customer releases Spreadshirt from all demands and claims which are made due to the infringement of such third-party rights, as far as the customer is responsible for the breach of duty. The customer shall reimburse Spreadshirt for all defense costs and other damages resulting from any such action.
§ 12 Technical and Design Deviations
When fulfilling the contract, we expressly reserve the right to deviate from the descriptions and information in our brochures, catalogues and other written and electronical documents with respect to material, color, weight, measurements, design or other features, as far as these can be considered reasonable for the customer. Reasonable cause for change may result from fluctuations customary in trade and technical production processes.
§ 13 Data Protection
Spreadshirt uses personal data of the customer for appropriate purposes and according to statutory regulations. The personal data given (i.e. name, e-mail address, mailing address, bank details) for ordering products are used by Spreadshirt for fulfillment and handling of the contract. This data is treated confidentially by Spreadshirt and is not given to any third parties who are not part of the ordering, delivery and payment procedures. The customer shall be entitled to access information on the personal data which Spreadshirt has saved about them free of charge. Moreover, they are entitled to the correction of incorrect data, and the blocking and deletion of their personal data, insofar as there is no legal obligation to retain such data.
§ 14 Dispute resolution
The European Commission provides a platform for Online Dispute Resolution (OS) which can be accessed here. We are neither required nor prepared to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration panel.
§ 15 Place of Jurisdiction – Place of Fulfillment – Choice of Law
(1) Place of fulfillment for all services is the place of business of Spreadshirt in Leipzig.
(2) As far as the customer is a merchant according to the Commercial Code of Germany (HGB), a legal entity under public law or special fund under public law, then Leipzig is the place of general jurisdiction. In such case, Spreadshirt is also entitled to sue the customer according to the opinion of Spreadshirt at their resident court. The same applies if the customer does not have their place of general jurisdiction in Germany, relocates their place of residence or habitual residence abroad after conclusion of the agreement, or their place of residence or habitual residence is unknown at the time of filing of an action.
(3) According to these general terms and conditions the agreement is exclusively subject to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany. Recourse to the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded. As far as the client is a consumer according to § 13 of the German Civil Code and is generally not resident in Germany, the mandatory regulations of this country remain unaffected.
(4) If individual provisions of these general terms and conditions are ineffective or oppose the statutory regulations, the rest of the agreement remains unaffected.